fredag den 3. januar 2014

Manchester!


03.01.2014

Right.. I haven't really got any clue as to what this blog is going to be about. I'm not sure what to expect for a three months stay at Manchester Metropolitan University. It might be a very serious stay or it could just be three months of enjoying myself in this cracking town. Nobody knows.. The whole preparation period for this stay has been weird. I am sure we will gain some useful knowledge from this stay anyway though!
I hope to be able to tell you more about what studying here is about in a few days, but this blog is just as much going to be a piece about my life here in this rainy town. My plan is to show a few pictures of Manchester and the surrounding area as well as maybe telling some historic facts about the place.

I will be staying in a room with a couple in what looks to be a rather nice Victorian house in the suburb called Chorlton. Chorlton is located about 5 kilometers south west of the city centre, and has a bit of a bohemian reputation with its rather fancy pubs, cafés and restaurants. As I have lived in Manchester before I am quite happy to be able to live in a nice area. Manchester does have quite a few scruffy areas and I feel like I have been there and done that the last time I was here!

I move in to my home this afternoon so yesterday had to be spent in a hostel in the city centre. As I arrived in the morning I had all day to explore all my old favorite sights (plus drink a few pints with an old colleague).
I used to work in a coffee shop in Manchester and yesterday I went to see my old boss. She seemed rather happy to see me back in town and offered me to work a few shifts a week. That would suit me perfectly as working really gives you a good connection to the local area. - plus I could do with a few extra quid.

Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar