søndag den 26. januar 2014

26.01.2014

Seems i forgot that I was writing a blog, oh well..
Since last time I have had my first day in placement. Special experience that was! First problem was to dress up to the occasion. In Britain you won't be allowed to just wear casual clothes at work, so I had to find myself a boring shirt and a tie (which i didn't use). If you ask me they should try to improve the school instead of focusing on age old traditions such as dress codes. If you can't gain the respect from the kids by wearing normal clothes then teaching is probably not for you.
Anyway all the teachers here are really keen to talk about the Danish school system seeing as according to them "it just works the way you guys do it". That is probably true to some extent but there is certainly room for improvements in Denmark too. I hope the Brits can learn a bit from our laid back style though. A teacher here is looking more formal than a prime minister in Denmark..

My day at the school started of with me being introduced to some of the teachers. The school I am at is based in an area of Manchester that is quite dominated by Manchester city fans which meant that I had to start the day off by looking at muppets drinking there tea out of sky blue city mugs..
We then all met up in the assembly hall to sing a little song about some guy called Jesus, who apparently is to thank for the well being of the kids in this school. I really find it weird to mix religion with the education system!
The teacher I spent the day with was a friendly guy called Mr Briggs. He seemed to have quite a bit of sense too, and secretly told me that he wasn't a Christian and was strongly against the way the school seemed to be more and more involved in religious matters.

The lessons were an experience.. Quite different to the way we do it in Denmark. The kids here seemed very focussed when they were told to work and the level of discipline was pretty impressive. When told what to do they all seem very clever. They don't seem to posses the same level of individuality as Danish kids though. The kids were all about 10 years old but weren't allowed any form of group work which I personally think is a shame. To be able to work in groups is a really important skill for their future work life.
I will be in placement at this school every Wednesday till April so maybe I will have the chance to learn them a few things..

This Thursday we went to a large beer festival in town. What a lovely selection of beers they had!
Last thing on my mind for this post is that United have finally managed to land a new signing.. Mr Juan Mata for a record fee of 37 million pounds. Hopefully he'll turn our season around!

 

Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar